How it works
In collaboration with over 150 schools across Quebec, Educaid provides annual $500 perseverance scholarships starting at the Secondary 3 level to deserving students from less privileged backgrounds.
Our objective is to motivate school retention by helping students cover various key expenses.
Perseverance scholarships are also renewed yearly until a first diploma is obtained, as long as the student continues to persevere.
Expenses are first authorized by the schools, which then submit a detailed expense report to Educaid at the end of the school year.
Scholarships can be used for different purposes to encourage motivation, perseverance and self-esteem:
- School Supplies
- Extracurricular Activities Registration
- Field Trips Registration
- Sports Equipment
- Musical Instruments
How Educaid scholarships are awarded:
- Educaid selects schools that are ranked 8, 9 or 10 by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES).
- Deserving and persevering Secondary 3 students are selected by the school staff
- When deemed necessary, candidacies are reviewed by the Education and Scholarship Awarding Committee
- A scholarship is issued along with a perseverance diploma
- Educaid and the school manage the $500 scholarships
- An annual expense and evaluation report of the sponsored student is sent to Educaid
- The scholarship is renewed if the student is still motivated to persevere at school
- The sponsored student’s progress is followed until he or she obtains a first diploma
Priority is given to schools that rank 8, 9 or 10 according to the poverty index issued by the Quebec Education Ministry (Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignements supérieur).
The school selects candidates at the end of the Secondary 2 level who demonstrate a strong will to persevere and are ready to make the necessary efforts to improve their behaviour, attitude or academic performance.
Educaid has granted over $2M paid in scholarships to encourage teens to continue their schooling despite difficult circumstances! We are proud to report 89% of the students we sponsor obtained a first diploma! Many thanks to our supporters!
The graduation or qualification rate for underprivileged teens was 70.3% in 2017 according to the MEES.
The Persevera sponsorship program is exclusive to Educaid; through this program, students from less privileged backgrounds are paired with companies. Sponsoring donators agree to pay $500 yearly to each sponsored student until they obtain their first diploma.
The program is a great opportunity for sponsors to tip the scales in favour of school retention and help teens in need succeed. Sponsored students receive genuine encouragement from adults who believe in them and benefit from interaction that will prepare them for life’s challenges.
Commitment to sponsor 1 to 4 students
Sponsors agree to pay a $500 perseverance scholarship to each sponsored student annually until they obtain their first diploma. Sponsors can follow the progress of these students, from year to year.
Commitment to sponsor 5 students or more
When supporting 5 students or more, sponsors enjoy the additional privileges of:
- choosing the region where they want to sponsor students;
- choosing the public school in which they wish to sponsor students;
- taking part in the scholarship awarding ceremonies;
- awarding recognition certificates to the sponsored students with the company or donor’s name;
- receiving a full report on the progress of each sponsored student;
- enjoying positive visibility;
- inviting sponsored students to come visit their company offices;
- suggesting and/or participating in a community project for the school.
Back to school
All children regardless of socio-economic background should have access to quality school supplies and educational material.
Educaid collects new or second-hand school supplies and distributes these among high schools in disadvantaged neighbourhoods.